Become an Educator - Work from home
Family Day Care Educators provide Education and Care from their own home. A career as an Educator is a rewarding business opportunity. Aussie Kidz Childcare and Education Service will provide you with support, trainings and guidance to operate your service successfully from home.
We ensure to provide all information under Education and Care Services National Law (WA) Act 2012, Education and Care Services National Regulations 2012, National Quality Standards and Commonwealth legislative requirements.
As a Family Day Care Educator you can provide the flexible hours of care matched to the needs of your family. Types of care provided include: Full-time care, part-time care, before and after school care, vacation care, weekend care, overnight care, 24 hours care. In your service, you are able to care for a total number of 7 children including your own children under school aged.
Aussie Kidz Childcare and Education Service ensures to assist and guide educators. We aim to provide:
- Support and guidance while settling in your business
- Orientation & Induction training for educators
- Selection and recruitment of suitable educators
- Assessing the educator’s home to ensure it meets the Health & Safety standards
- Supporting educators in providing a quality service by conducting regular home visits, phone calls and guidance
- Ongoing in-house (free) and external (paid) professional workshops and professional developments
- Ensuring the home continues to meet the Health & Safety standards
- Referring families to educators with vacancies
- Delivering the programme to suit individual child’s needs, strength and interests
- Provide information about and access to training and ongoing professional development courses
- Ensuring to make educators aware about the legislative requirements in which they must operate
- Ensure to consult and engage educators in Policy review and implementation
- Working in respectful partnership with educators and families
- Administering timesheets and paying Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate to educators on behalf of families.
Setting up your own home business can be very exciting and proper investment is essential upfront to enable your business to be a successful one
- Anyone above the age of 18 years, who loves to play and educate children can apply
- Registration with Aussie Kidz Childcare and Education Services
- Health and Safety Assessment of residence as per Australian H&S guideline and standards
- Educational equipment, furniture, resources and materials
- Qualifications – minimum requirement certificate III in Early Childhood Education or working towards
- Public liability insurance
- Police or criminal record check for all adults (18+) residing in your residence
- First aid certificate CPR certification, Asthma and Anaphylaxis management training
- Working with children check card
- Health, Safety & Hygiene as per the Australian Health & Safety guidelines & standards
Children’s health and safety is paramount. Guidelines and standards are available from Aussie Kidz Childcare and Education Services to ensure that your home environment both Indoor and outdoor is safe for children.